Natchez Pet Friendly Inn
It’s not a vacation if you’re thinking about that special friend you left behind. We love animals, and we know how important they are as members of the family. If you are looking for a Natchez pet friendly inn, then look no further than Devereaux Shields House. We are proud to offer a 2-room suite and 3 additional dog friendly rooms in Aunt Clara’s Cottage that are ideal for those traveling with their well behaved four legged friends.
Natchez is an ideal spot for pet friendly travel with numerous parks, hiking trails, and a fantastic downtown and river views to explore.
Dogs are Welcome in our Aunt Clara’s Cottage
We never had a dog who:
- Smoked in bed threatening a fire
- Stole our towels or linen
- Played the TV too loud
- Had a noisy fight with their traveling companion
- Got drunk and damaged our property
So, if your dog can vouch for you, you’re welcome too.
Ron & Eleanor, The Owners
Complimentary Pet Welcome Package
Pet Welcome Package
All of our pet guests are greeted with their own special package (for use on property) to help make their stay more comfortable:
- Cozy pet bed
- Food and water bowls
- Doggie towel for muddy paws
- Welcome treat
- Leash/Doggie bags (if you forget them)
Booking Online: Please email us after completing your reservation to let us know the number pets and approximate size (for their beds.)
Our Natchez Inn Pet Policies
Charge: There is a charge of $15 per pet, per night in addition to the room rate.
Carrier/Leash: We require that you bring something familiar to your dog to sleep with and leash your dog while on the inn property or in common areas.
Enjoyable Stay: To ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay, we require that all Pet Parents sign the following Pet Policy at check in:
I have read and agreed to the following Pet Policy for Devereaux Shields House and I promise that:
- My pet is not aggressive and is well socialized with other animals and with other people.
- My pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date and current.
- My pet is free of ticks and fleas.
- My pet will be with me under my care at all times. I understand and agree that if I leave my pet unattended in the room I will assume financial responsibility for any damage that occurs. I agree to pay a $75 fee for all instances of complaints of unattended animals causing a disturbance to other guests.
- My pet will be on a leash or in a carrier and under my control when outside.
- I will clean up after my pet and dispose of any waste properly.
- I will notify the management of any pet “accidents” immediately and request special cleaning efforts.
- I will keep my pet off of all furniture including the bed, chairs or couches. I agree to pay an extra $100 cleaning penalty if, in the sole judgment of management, my rooms require excessive cleaning due to soiled bedspreads, furniture or carpeting.
- I will clean off my pet if he/she is wet or dirty using the towels provided before letting them in the room.
- I will assume financial responsibility for any damage caused by my pet during my stay.