Mississippi is home to a culture and a river that have influenced works of art, writing, and song for generations. Experience this unique combination while chasing your desires or just relaxing to fine southern comfort lodging at the Devereaux Shields House.
View some of the top things to do in Natchez and the surrounding area. From top restaurants, shops and other attractions, we will make sure you have the perfect getaway in Mississippi.
Antebellum Homes & Historic Plantations
The Natchez area is particularly rich in historic plantations, beautiful Antebellum and Victorian homes, all allowing visitors a view of earlier times.
Two of our favorite homes that should not be missed on your include
Arts & Culture
Natchez offers visitors a number of cultural opportunities, including downtown art galleries, theaters, and excellent museums.
- Book our Simply Elegant Getaway Package and enjoy 45 minute narrated, horse-drawn carriage tour of the historic district.
- Take a look at all that is included in our Romance Package, perfect for Anniversaries, Honeymoons or just a little Romance!
Dining and Nightlife
Things heat up in along the Mississippi after dark. Enjoy a variety of dining and entertainment options, from elegant river view dining to cozy taverns with live blues music.
Discover things to do in Natchez and plan your getaway to our Natchez bed and breakfast.
- Plan Your Stay - Interactive Map
While you may feel the desire relax and enjoy a slower pace during your trip, Natchez also provides plenty of opportunities for those seek a more active getaway. Enjoy miles of biking and walking trails running through historic downtown and out to Bluff Park overlooking the splendor of the Mississippi River.
- View our Deep South Getaway Package for a great introduction to the area.
We will be waiting with a glass of sweet tea when you get back!
- Mardi Gras Celebration - February
- Valentines Celebration - February
- Natchez Literary & Cinema Celebration - February
- Spring Pilgrimage - March - April
- Natchez Blues Festival April
- Natchez Festival of Music – May
- 8th Annual Natchez Tour of Gardens - May
- Natchez Food & Wine Festival - July
- Fall Pilgrimage – September – October
- Phatwater Kayak Challenge - October
- Great MS River Balloon race – October
- Pilgrimage Garden Club 37th Annual Antiques Forum – November
- Angels on the Bluff Natchez Cemetery Tour – November
- Christmas in Natchez – November - January
The Official Natchez City website has a more detailed Calendar of Events scheduled throughout the year.
The Devereaux Shields House offers you several Specials or Getaway Packages to help you enjoy Natchez activities held throughout the year. You can also give your family or friends a Natchez Getaway as a Gift Certificate for that special occasion so they can come to experience our special brand of Victorian southern hospitality!