Enjoy entertaining videos of places, people, events and things that "You'll Love About Natchez" through the following links to videos.
The Natchez Experience Convention & Visitors Bureau Welcome Video
Visit Natchez.com Introductory video.
WHAT WE LOVE...
About Our Homes
- History of our charming Victorian-style home, built between 1893 and 1901 and named for the first property owners Col & Ms Devereaux Shields
- Sharing quiet time rocking in chairs with morning coffee on the front porch
- Sitting together overlooking the peaceful neighborhood street from the upper front porch
- Caring for and strolling the beautiful garden surrounding our home
- Garden planning while on the Victorian bench under the arbor in the protected and private rear yard
- The freedom to select between one of three beautiful bedrooms in the Devereaux Shields; the Gallery Room with a private access to the the upper front gallery; the Rose Suite with an adjoining bedroom for other family members or guests; and, the Garden Room (currently the owners' suite) with its private access to the side and rear manicured gardens; or select between four wonderful rooms in Aunt Clara’s Cottage. Bed and Breakfast Lodging in beautiful Natchez, MS
- The elegant interior decor of our homes with their 12-foot ceilings and expansive rooms
- Mid-day reading with soothing background music
About Our City & Community
- Historic Natchez, first settlement on the Mississippi, an ever-present highway to America’s growth
- Peaceful, early morning walks hand-in-hand along the rise overlooking the meandering Mississippi river just blocks away
- The beauty and significance of the Antebellum and Victorian homes in the original Historic District of Natchez where we live and the unique character of the homes in the equally beautiful Garden District
- Touring the beautiful Antebellum and Victorian homes throughout the entire city that survived the Civil War unharmed
- Walks into the old town center for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- The convenience of essential government offices, health services and restaurants for retirement
- A warm respite from the cold north
- A friendly and welcoming community