Our Natchez Magazine, a local high-end publication, recently highlighted four area B&B Breakfast owners and one of their signature breakfast recipes. Below is the recipe for Eleanor’s wonderful Peach Caramel French Toast – a guest favorite!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced Peaches drained
- 6 eggs
- 12 cups hazelnut creamer Pinch of salt
- 1 loaf of French bread
- Butter and cinnamon-sugar to top
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a saucepan.
- Add I cup of brown sugar and cook over low heat until dissolved.
- Divide this among 10 (4 inch) ramekins.
- Drain the peaches and pour on top of the sugar mixture in the ramekins.
- Cube a loaf of French bread and bake in the oven at 200 degrees until dried and place on top of the
- Beat eggs with 1 1/2 cups of hazelnut creamer and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the egg custard over the bread in the ramekins.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with some cinnamon-sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, remove from the refrigerator about on hour before booking.
- Bake covered 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees.
- Uncover during the last 15 minutes to brown.
- Cool off about 15 minutes, run o knife around the edge of the bowl, toke the ramekin and invert onto the plate.
(As on alternative, use other seasonal creamer flavors are available during Thanksgiving and New Year’s for festive variations.)
Experience this wonderful breakfast dish and others, by joining us in our Natchez bed and breakfast for a getaway to remember!