Amenities & Reservation Policies
Guests staying in any of our accommodations enjoy the following amenities and services:
- Full Hot-served Multi-course Breakfast
- Special Dietary Needs Accommodated
- Free Water, Sodas, Coffees, & Teas 24/7
- Free WiFi in Rooms, Gardens, & Porches
- Afternoon Wine & Cheese Room Service (upon request)
- Luxury Linens & Robes
- EnSuite Private Baths
- Gilchrist & Soames Bath Products
- Heated Bathroom Floors in Select Rooms
- Makeup Mirror, Hair Dryer, Iron/Board
- Secure Off-street Parking
- Curated Concierge Services
- Heat & AC
- Ample Outlets & Desks or Lap Desk
- Sound Machine Sleep Aids
- Ceiling or Floor Fans
- Guest Access 24/7
- Ice Available
- Fitness Center Access 24/7
- In-room Refrigerator for Medication (on request)
- Access to All Common Area Gardens & Porches
- Common Area working Fireplaces in all 3 Homes
- Cable TV (including Smart TVs in most rooms)
- DVD Player (available or on request)
- Covid-inspired Room Decorations
- Well-behaved Children Over 10 Welcome
- Pet Friendly Rooms & Amenities
- Hand Sanitizer (each room and house entries)
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Cash
Check In: 2 pm – 6 pm, Check Out: 11 am.
Late check in fees may apply without prior arrangements.
Responsible children, typically age 10 and older, are welcome. Additional per night occupancy charges will apply. Please advise us of accompanying children. It does impact our planning for socially-distant breakfast seating.
All rooms at our Natchez bed and breakfast are non-smoking. Outdoor areas are available for smoking.
For guests looking for pet friendly Natchez lodging, well-mannered pets are acceptable in Aunt Clara’s Cottage rooms with prior arrangements. There is a charge of $15 per pet, per night in addition to the room rate. View our Pet Friendly page for policy details. Contact us with your questions.
- Hand Picked Luxury Linens!
- Special Diets Happily Accommodated!
- Motorcycle and Bicycle Friendly! Garage Parking may be Available
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
During the CoronaVirus (Covid-19) Pandemic we are practicing modified cancellation policies and are typically offering a deposit or credit toward a future stay when health conditions improve.
All rates are based on single (1 person) or double (2 people) occupancy and are subject to MS room tax of 10% and a city tourism tax of $2 per room per night. Additional occupancy is $30 per person to cover linen, towels and breakfast. Cancellations or modifications require a minimum 8 days advance notice to avoid a room charge for the first night, i.e. Monday to Monday is 8 days. No refund is issued if cancelled within 3 days before check-in. Modified cancellation policies may apply to reservations involving groups or the booking of multiple rooms. A rain check may be issued for cancellations made within 8 days. A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total or a minimum $35 per room booked is due on the date of booking. Higher deposits may be required for reservations involving groups, the booking of multiple rooms or during high season or holidays. Rates include welcome fare, a seated plantation style breakfast, snacks and assorted hot and cold refreshments during your stay.
Devereaux Shields House warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our properties all built in the late 1800’s, wheelchair access is not possible. (Main House –1893-1904, Aunt Clara’s Cottage – 1873, Bost House – 1893) Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the properties.
Our B&B consists of 3 Victorian homes with varying accessibility:
- Due to the historic nature of our Victorian homes we have no rooms that are fully ADA compliant.
- Main House – A 2-story historic home. The two 2-room luxury suites in our Main House are on the 2nd floor with access by 21 steps, with landings at the 4th and 17th steps for resting. Our Main House 1st floor common areas (guest receptions) may be accessed by 2 steps leading to the rear door off our rear gardens. All guests are welcome to enjoy these common areas.
- Aunt Clara’s Cottage – A 1-story historic home, is well suited for those with limited accessibility. All 4 guest rooms and Breakfast room in our Aunt Clara’s Cottage are on one level. Access is available by 6 steps leading to the front porch or 4 steps leading to the rear porch through a rear courtyard garden. Breakfast is most often in our Aunt Clara’s Cottage’s Breakfast Room.
- Bost House – A 2-story historic home, is best suited for those with limited accessibility. One queen room on the 1st floor requires access by 2 steps to the rear door off the parking and rear garden seating area. A queen room and 2-room King room are located on the 2nd floor with access by 20 steps, with a landing at the 10th step.
- We have no elevators.
- All guest rooms are suitable to those with limited accessibility. All guest rooms have private bathrooms possessing hand held showers, most with shower/tub combinations and all have safety bars. Shower/tub seats are available upon request. Most passages are wide enough to allow wheelchair passage.
- Designated handicap parking can be accommodated by special request at booking.
- Wheelchair access to the Breakfast room in Aunt Clara’s Cottage is possible. Alternatively, breakfast can be delivered to the room.
- Reasonable requests for special accommodations are welcome and will be satisfied to the best of our ability.
We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described the features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our lodging meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make all rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the features of the hotel and rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (601) 304-5378 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us at (601) 304-5378 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.