Natchez has many restaurants, distilleries, wineries, and breweries. We created a foodies guide to Natchez to make eating and drinking during your stay at Devereaux Shields House easy!
Enjoy a Sipping Tour of Locally-Created Alcoholic Beverages
The Ultimate Opportunity to Delight in the Art of Locally Made Mindful Beverage Sipping – Enjoy Natchez Rum, Craft Beer & Wine!
Charbonneau Distillery– This award-winning first class rum micro-distillery restored by Douglas and Regina Charbonneau of Natchez, MS offers a unique and personable rum tasting experience, as well as tours year round. Hear firsthand how Doug and his team made an entrepreneurial dream come true by being the first legally distilled rum produced in Mississippi. The rum is made using raw sugar and molasses sourced from a Louisiana sugar mill, which offers tours as well.
Natchez Brewing Company – Good things come in small breweries! This establishment is a definite must-see for any “cerevisaphiles” (beer enthusiasts). The staff is incredibly hospitable, ambitious, and imaginative. They offer short, personal tours with the owners and entertain you with their process as well as provide samples of their quality brews. The tour guide explains the whole operation and its history. Natchez Brewing Company offers fantastic beer that I look forward to having again and again! It is a guaranteed great experience wish fresh beer.
Old South Winery – This family-owned and operated business offers a real small town charm and have been offering their wine since 1979. The winery specializes in muscadine grapes and is the largest vineyard of its kind in the country. Providing a very unique taste with wines ranging from reds, whites, dry and sweet at reasonable prices, it has something for everyone. The owner is very informative about the history of the winery and the muscadine grape. This place is well worth a visit. Your tour is a fun stop, thanks to a humorous and friendly vintner who lets you sample several of his wines using muscadine grapes. Wines may be purchased on site and shipped as desired.
Explore a Wide Range of Wonderful Local Dining Opportunities
Natchez treats you to a wide range of dining opportunities that promise to satisfy whatever your tastes desire in Southern cuisine. Ask us for a 2017 Downtown Shopping Guide at check-in for your dining pleasure.
Fine Dining and Fine Food Choices in Natchez, MS. Try these restaurants, where the food is prepared excellently and served in an upscale and elegant atmosphere. Reservations recommended.
- Devereaux Shields House – First and foremost, start your day with breakfast at our Natchez bed and breakfast. Enjoy three courses of fresh, local, southern cuisine before heading out to explore the town.
- The Castle Restaurant at Dunleith Historic Inn – An elegant hotel in a 19th-century historic manor with an outdoor pool and a rustic-chic restaurant. The Castle Restaurant resembles a small stone and brick castle that housed carriages and horses in a former life. The Historic Inn is situated on forty acres of landscaped gardens and wooded bayous. The Castle is known for its grandeur and superior Southern cuisine. See all of the dishes listed on their menu.
- Restaurant 1818 at Monmouth Historic Inn – One of the only remaining true antebellum dining experiences. Guests can select menu items on an a la carte basis from gourmet appetizers, soups, salads entrees, and desserts. You can also have private dining by candlelight.
- Rolling River Bistro – A top Natchez restaurant in the South featuring live music, it caters to locals and tourists. The Bistro’s menu offers the freshest seafood and most delicious southern cuisine in Natchez.
Casual Dining Choices. For more variety in food choices where the atmosphere is more casual and the food is tasty, try these Natchez restaurants:
- Cotton Alley Café – A local favorite with delightful décor where you can entice your taste buds with some amazing gourmet food such as sandwiches and salads for lunch and pasta dishes, steak and grilled fish for dinner. They also offer a lite dessert cabinet for the daring.
- Magnolia Grill – Also a local favorite for casual dining, this restaurant overlooks the Mississippi River with a glass-enclosed porch offering spectacular view all year round. The Grill serves Gulf seafood, steaks & burgers, salads, and appetizers.
- Pearl Street Pasta is a small quaint establishment with a delightful old-style bar serving signature seafood, salad, pasta, steak, and flatbread pizza dishes. Voted “Best Place to Ruin your Diet” by Mississippi Magazine and awarded Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
- Kings Tavern, circa 1789, is the oldest standing building in the Mississippi Territory and in Natchez. Their menu specializes in wood-fired flatbreads, fresh fish, cocktails and homemade ice cream for dessert.
- The Camp was voted a great Natchez restaurant overlooking the Mississippi River and is known for their homemade bread for their burgers and sandwiches as well as their impressive selection of local craft beers.
Book your delicious getaway to Devereaux Shields House today!Book Now