There is a special kind of romance to be found in historic Natchez, Mississippi. Founded in 1716, the area boasts a number of activities and attractions that are perfect for couples seeking to get away from it all. At Devereaux Shields House, we specialize in crafting unforgettable experiences for romantic getaways in Mississippi.
Here are just a few of the many ways romance blooms in Natchez:
- Relax, Refresh and Rejuvenate Together – For those seeking a simple escape can book our Comfy Winter Getaway package where, over a two night stay, you’ll relax in one of our luxury suites with champagne, explore local casual dining options and enjoy mint juleps and cookies fireside or in our gardens or porches. Then slide into deeper relaxation with aromatherapy and a Swedish massage, including deep or hot stone treatments if desired.
- Be My Valentine Surprise – Give your Valentine a Beautiful arrangement of a dozen roses, Horse-Drawn Carriage service to a Natchez restaurant, Return to your room by Luxury Vehicle Pickup after dinner, Enjoy a Decadent Dessert to share with sparkling wine & keepsake flutes, Sleep-in and enjoy a late light breakfast and late checkout at 1 pm.
- Share Natchez Carriage Ride & Fine Dining – What’s more romantic than a horse-drawn carriage with the one you love? Enjoy the melodic sounds of clip-clopping through Natchez in a horse-drawn carriage through Historic Natchez. When you book our Simply Elegant Getaway package, the ride will include a multi-course dinner at either the 1818 Restaurant at Monmouth Historic Inn or The Castle at Dunleith Historic Inn9.
- Taste of Explore Natchez Tour – To enhance your romantic stay in Natchez, consider a guided tour of the area. We’d be pleased to reserve a one-day tour of the community, guided by “Downtown Karla Brown”, a local icon. Our Taste of Natchez tour includes historic hotels and homes, lunch and a visit to either The Old South Winery or Old South Trading Post. The tour is finished with a southern lagniappe upon your return. Additional tours of Natchez are available upon request including one of Natchez sites mentioned in the Greg Iles novels or an evening tour of Natchez’s haunted sites.
- Stroll Natchez on a Budget – Take a romantic stroll along the many trails throughout Natchez, which includes the downtown area and riverside locations. Take a boxed lunch with you to enjoy somewhere dreamy along your stroll. You can also experience the Natchez National Historic Park, which is home to the William Johnson House and the Melrose Plantation. Find many other ways to enjoy Natchez on a Nickel.
- View a Mississippi River Sunset – Finally, no day of romance is complete without a view of the sunset at Bluff Park, where you can watch the sun close the day while overlooking the Mississippi River. Get a boxed snack or bubbly from us to take with you.
Come join us at our historic Natchez bed and breakfast for your next romantic getaway and let us help you make it one you’ll never forget. Whether for Valentine’s Day, Anniversaries, Engagement Celebrations, Elopements or Honeymoons this is a place that you can create lasting memories with someone special.