Industry surveys indicate traveling sentiment favors smaller, personalized and more unique properties in small less affected cities and towns. We are open to Shelter-in-Place or Self-Tour our city’s Natchez Trails and outlying wildlife areas. Currently we are in our MS Governor directed Phase 2 reopening protocols with restaurants and tours open under limited operating conditions. Devereaux Shields House is a member of Select Registry, an association of esteemed inns, boutique hotels, and bed & breakfasts across the country. Each one has passed the industry’s leading inspection program, covering everything from cleanliness to hospitality and ensuring you individualized comfort and the professionalism you expect from a trusted brand. During this period we further joined Select Registry members volunteering to satisfy “Stay Safe, Stay Select” enhanced industry endorsed health and comfort protocols.
A Secure & Comfortable Setting
Our 3 properties (Main House, Aunt Clara’s Cottage and Bost House) will only be open to registered guests. We are asking guests to wear masks when enjoying inside public common areas and respect social distancing guidelines until the state lifts the requirements. We feel these measures will allow guests to enjoy:
- A safe place to stay
- A comfortable place to sleep
Guest Welcome & Check-in
Registered guests will be welcomed at our Main House front door as usual and immediately shown to their booked room(s). If required, a touchless check-in option can be arraigned upon request. Balances due will be charged the morning of check-in to ease welcoming guests. Guests will be provided disinfected room/house keys and familiarized with our property, room amenities and current policies as they are shown to their room(s). Guest breakfast preferences and concierge needs will be identified. Guests are encouraged to wear masks in common areas.
Phase 1 options include guest choices:
- Voucher for local restaurant service – either carryout or limited dine-in.
- On-site dine-in service – Socially distant seating distributed between our 3 houses, porches or gardens. Guests are served by our masked staff.
Our goal is to create and maintain a safe, healthy and enjoyable B&B environment for all. We are implementing practices to control and minimize guest and employee exposure to COVID-19. A wide range of industry resources have been consulted to develop our DSH practices (Includes CDC, EPA, and various Lodging and B&B Industry participants.)
- Strip bed and sanitize mattress cover.
- Guests are asked to deposit used towels in a laundry mesh bags for retrieval by our housekeeping staff.
- Triple-sheet bed (blanket between 3 sheets) without top bedspread.
- Only pillows with pillow cover and pillowcases are used. Decorative throw pillows are no longer used.
- Blankets are will be sanitized and laundered when deemed necessary or as a periodic precaution.
- A practice of rotating guest room pillows is used.
General Safety & Cleaning
- Reporting employees will be checked by the supervisor to verify they are not feeling ill or have a high temperature at the start of each workday. Employees that exhibit potential COVID-19 indicators, as well as those deemed vulnerable, will be sent home.
- Upon reporting for work every employee will immediately wash their hands for at least 20 seconds. Require employees to rewash periodically or use available hand sanitizer and use masks and gloves to serve & clean.
- Guest rooms have been deaccessorized and will be left empty for 24-72 hours between guest stays when possible.
Steam cleaning, Ozone generators, Black light detection and UV-C infrared disinfection are used to supplement room cleanliness.
- Allocate more time to High-Touch areas – Use Disinfectant Wipes on doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, fan pull chains, thermostats, lamp switches, window latches & shades, device switches (sound machines, power plugs), bed or handrails, etc. Clean after every checkout.
We’re Here for You!
While our inn is open, we understand that you might choose to stay at home during this time. We are offering guests accept full credit toward future stays on all deposits due to the Coronavirus global pandemic.
If you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay, our dedicated staff would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you!
Call (601) 304-5378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us today. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page too or please call or check our online availability with your desired dates.