Natchez is legendary for its hospitality and is among one of the most romantic destinations in the south! It is best known for being the first settlement on the Mississippi River and having the largest collection of Antebellum Homes. Natchez is rich in history and culture, for both Native-Americans and African-Americans. It has also featured in the book “A 1000 Places You Must See Before You Die.” Enjoy a sampling of our many unique Natchez treasures, leaving you with wonderful memories to take home. So, what are you waiting for? Book your Natchez vacation at Devereaux Shields House today!
Day 1 in Natchez
- Check into Devereaux Shields House.
- Choose one of the many Natchez Tours that are offered for an overview of our beautiful town. Some of our favorites tours include:
- Get a look at some Natchez history by touring a few Historic Antebellum Homes such as Longwood, Rosalie, Stanton Hall, and Melrose.
- For dinner enjoy some fine dining at one of Natchez’s historic Inns. Our favorites are Dunleith and Monmouth!
- After dinner head over to the Rolling River Reloaded, Biscuits and Blues, or Under-the-Hill Saloon to hear some live local music.
Day 2 of Your Natchez Vacation
- Delight in a 3-course breakfast at our Devereaux Shields House Bed & Breakfast.
- Spend the morning at Stratton Chapel Photo Gallery viewing thousands of photos of Historic Natchez.
- For some Native-American culture and history visit the Grand Village or Emerald Mound.
- Stop by the African-American Museum of History & Culture also known as NAPAC.
- Have lunch at Mammy’s Cupboard, a local favorite! If you’re craving barbecue you need to go to Pig Out Inn to enjoy some of the best barbecue in the south!
- For the rest of the afternoon pick one of the many outdoor activities that Natchez has to offer including:
- Eat a casual dinner at our local favorites Magnolia Grill or Rolling River Reloaded!
- Spend the rest of the night relaxing in your cozy room at Devereaux Shields.
Book your Natchez vacation to Devereaux Shields House today!